So it’s time to admit it…I have a bit of an obsession (which I’m sure many of you can relate to!)…I’m a writer of lists.Embed from Getty Images
I know that writing lists isn’t unusual, I’m sure there’s many a shopping list being written as I’m writing this and as you’re reading this. However, I’m the sort of list writer who writes a list of the lists I have to write. I’m the sort of list writer who adds an item to a to-do list which has actually already been completed just so that I can have the sense of achievement when crossing the item off. I’m the sort of list writer who is lost without a list.
Beware – this type of obsession is catching! I find my 7 year old daughter writing lists; in fact she loves writing a good list in one of her many notebooks.
Writing my own blog has been on my ‘long-term’ to-do list for, well, a long time! And although I’d be releuctant to label it as a New Year’s resolution I decided that the start of 2017 was as good as time as any to start one, so here I am!
I am a realist and, as with anything started at the beginning of the year, I know that it can be unlikely that it is still being continued by the end of the year. To try to ensure that I don’t fall into that trap with this blog I’ve decided to…write a list!
I’ve entitled my list 35 before 35 which, basically is 35 things I’d like to achieve before I’m 35. However, the slight problem is that I’m 35 in just less than a month! I’m sticking with the title but I’d like to achieve the following 35 things in the year that I’m 35 as that seems far more achievable! As I work on the list I’ll blog about the bullet points (in no particular order) and hopefully form a record of my 35th year! So here goes…
35 before 35
- Start a blog!
- Try a new craft
- Complete an instagram challenge
- Spend more time with family
- Go to a craft group, regularly!
- Walk more!
- Declutter the house
- Be more organised (continue with the lists though!)
- Buy more items from small businesses
- Make more handmade gifts
- Actually print out photos (and do something with them!)
- Eat more healthily
- Complete my wip crochet list
- Catch up with friends
- Join a local mum and baby group
- Appreciate the small things
- Bake more
- Try my hand at needle-felting
- Network more
- Open an Etsy shop
- Read more
- Decorate the house (finally ticking jobs off of the list!)
- Discover my local area
- Don’t be a slave to the seasons
- Get creative with my pickle
- Plan for the future
- Complete my wip craft list
- Design my own papercut templates
- Try new things with my little crochet business
- Have more confidence – try something new!
- Raise money for charity
- Sort out my yarn stash!
- Say ‘yes’ more! (and say ‘no’ more!)
- Take up a challenge
- Write regular blog posts!
Right, I’m off to make a start (and resist making a list for this list!) x